Kronos offers a variety of programs for kids, teens, and adults ("masters"). Our programs include options for athletes looking to increase their fitness and participate at a recreational level, as well as programs for competitive athletes looking for the highest levels of training.
CLICK HERE for detailed 2018/19 programs, schedules, facilities, fees and prerequisites.
CLICK HERE to Register!
Programs fill up quickly. If your program is full, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss programs further, please CONTACT US HERE
Interested in triathlon but don’t see a program that fits your schedule, training goals, or prerequisite requirements? Please contact us here to discuss options.
All programs run from October 14 2018 through mid-August 2019 (unless otherwise noted). If space allows, athletes are welcome to join at any time during the season. Please contact us for pro-rated fees.
Race season typically starts in May and concludes in September. The majority of races are in June / July, and many out of town races provide an opportunity to mix sports with vacation travel.
Parents - we have room for you too! Our masters/adult programs are specifically designed to co-ordinate with many of our youth programs.
A few things are consistent with all programs:
- Reasonable fees and relatively low volunteer/fundraising commitments.
- Great training facilities
- Highly qualified professional coaches, regardless of the age group or performance level of the athlete.
*All ages below are based upon the athlete’s age on December 31, 2019.*
Kids of Steel Programs
- Perfect for athletes who are new to triathlon, or play another sport.
- spring & summer program for ages 8-9, approximately 2 workouts per week.
- winter/spring programs for ages 10-13, approximately 3 workouts per week.
- opportunities to attend Kids of Steel races over the summer!
- our club's largest program!
- ages 10-15
- places a large emphasis on age-appropriate training, creating a smooth pathway of progression from entry-level athletes wishing simply to participate to those looking to train and race competitively.
- Approximately 3-5 coached training sessions per week.
- Extensive summer racing opportunities, including a chance to qualify for the Alberta Summer Games (every 2nd year)!
Adult / Youth Flex Program
- ages 14 through adult
- A great option for athletes who wish to participate in triathlon, maintain an exceptional fitness level, and take on the challenge of various Triathlon races.
- 3 coached workouts per week, with some flexibility in program schedule.
- Athletes will typically compete in various fun & exciting races across Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan.
- For performance oriented athletes ages 14-15.
- Approximately 7 coached workouts per week, with additional training ("on your own") prescribed by coaches.
- Athletes will target draft-legal events, and participate in ATA designated race series.
- For performance oriented athletes ages 16-19.
- Approximately 8 coached workouts per week, with additional training ("on your own") prescribed by coaches.
- Athletes will target draft-legal events, and races at the provincial & national level.
- For highly competitive adult athletes looking to compete at the provincial, national, international or professional level.
- Typical age group is 20 - 26, but no set limit.
- Approximately 9 coached sessions per weeks, with additional training ("on your own") prescribed by coaches.
Masters Performance Squad
- Typical age range for this program is mid 20's through early 60's, but adults of all ages are welcome.
- Approximately 6 coached workouts per week, with additional training ("on your own") prescribed by coaches.
- A fantastic program for performance oriented adult athletes looking to compete in Sprint and Olympic distance events.
- Many of our athletes use this program to train towards Ironman events, including the Ironman 70.3 hosted annually in Calgary.
- The University Membership is for athletes who are out of the province attending University, and still want association with the club. Athletes within this program are able to attend up to 10 coached group training sessions during the club’s fall/winter semesters (September through April).
- This program is perfect for athletes who are training with a swim/triathlon/track club at their post-secondary institution, and do not require full day-to-day programming, but wish to maintain club association and train with the Kronos Triathlon Club when returning to Calgary for school breaks and holidays.
- The Satellite membership is for the athlete who lives a minimum of 100km from Calgary’s city centre, and want the benefit of both online coaching and up to 3 coached group training sessions per month (with exceptions for training camps/events) with the Kronos Triathlon Club.
- Great for those who are looking to have an association with the club and are able to get into Calgary for training sessions from time to time.
- This club membership is for the elite triathlete (ICC or racing ITU/CAMTRI/World Cup/WTS races nationally and internationally) who is training under another coach or club, but wants to receive supplementary coaching with the club.
- All athletes in this program must have approval from both their personal coach/club and the Kronos Triathlon Club Head and Performance coaches.
- Kronos books extra pool space through the year, allowing members to book private or semi-private lessons with one of our expert swim coaches.
- Running and cycling private lessons are also available from our highly qualified coaching team.
Kronos schedules workouts at several indoor and outdoor facilities around Calgary. Our facilities include:
- Mount Royal University (Swim, Indoor/Outdoor run)
- North Glenmore Park / Weaselhead Area (outdoor run, cycling skills)
- Stanley Park outdoor Pool (various summer swim dates)
- Various well known cycling locations around Calgary - Glenmore Park, Nose Hill Park, Springbank, Chestermere canals and more.
- Revolution Spin Studio (Jewish Center Calgary)
- The Velodrome (outdoor track riding)
- Strength Training at Peak Power Sport Development (SAIT)
- Open water swimming at various lakes in & around Calgary - Auburn Bay, Mckenzie Lake, Lake Bonavista, Mahogany Lake, Lake Chaparral and others.